We enjoy providing our guests with a “taste” of Alaska with our food, surroundings, and “Old Fashioned Alaskan Hospitality”.
Whether you’re planning a hunting or fishing trip or are simply exploring all the other attractions that Alaska has to offer, you’re going to need a comfortable place to rest your weary head at night. Established in 1990, Big Bear Bed & Breakfast is the place to spend a few nights for those in search of a bed & breakfast inn and Alaskan lodging in Anchorage, AK.
Carol Ross, a certified Alaska tour guide, her daughter Shelley and granddaughter Rechelle would love to welcome you into their home and set you up with everything you’ll need to enjoy yourself in Alaska. From full breakfasts featuring Alaskan specialties like sourdough waffles and reindeer sausage to beautiful garden paths filled with Alaskan perennials, vegetables, and berries, you’ll get a true taste of Alaska during your stay at Big Bear Bed & Breakfast.
Our Bed & Breakfast in Anchorage, AK
- Big Bear Bed and Breakfast is open year around. Smoking, pet & fragrance free.
- Varied breakfast menus feature Alaskan products & wild berry specialties. Menus differ for on return visits. Special diets accommodated from Carol who is a life long Alaskan resident and retired home economics teacher.
- A great overnight bed and breakfast to and from your long Alaskan hunting and fishing trips.
- Off street parking, cable TV/DVD/VCR, WIFI and freezer space available.
- Two miles from downtown Anchorage and train depot, nine miles from Anchorage International Airport and 1/2 mile from Highway #1. Near Alaska Native Heritage Center, neighborhood restaurants and shopping. We are located near J-Bear (Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson).
- VISA, Mastercard, Discover credit cards and personal checks accepted.
Make Your Room Reservations & Let Us Cater to You!
When you visit Big Bear Bed & Breakfast, you will be treated to the very best bed and breakfast inn and Alaskan lodging in Anchorage, AK. There are a handful of rooms available for rent, including The Glacier Room that is outfitted in a quirky polar bear motif, The Toklat Room that is named for the famous Denali grizzlies, The Grizzly Room that features a king size bed and private bathroom, and the large Denali Room that has a pair of sleeping areas as well as a full private bathroom. There is also a Guest Living Room to enjoy during your stay that is decorated with Alaskan art and filled with all the brochures you’ll need to take in the sights and sounds of Alaska.
Big Bear Bed & Breakfast provides guests with off-street parking, cable TV/DVD/VCR, WiFi, and freezer space. It’s located just two miles from downtown Anchorage and is situated near the Alaska Native Heritage Center as well as many shops and restaurants. VISA, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards are all accepted, as well as personal checks.
Do you need a bed and breakfast inn and Alaskan lodging in Anchorage, AK? Then look no further than Big Bear Bed & Breakfast. Call us at 907-277-8189 to book a room.